vEEF™ Spaghetti Bolognese
Searching for a plant-based version of your family favourite? This Spaghetti Bolognese with vEEF™ "Meatballs" will transport you to the heart of Italy with a sauce that's been handed down the generations to our very own Chef Santiago.
- 12 vEEF™ "Meatballs", defrosted
- 400g spaghetti
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 celery stick, finely diced
- 400g can of peeled tomatoes
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 thyme sprig
- 1 small handful of parsley, chopped
- 200ml water
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- basil, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and fry "meatballs" until brown.
- Remove "meatballs" from pan. Add onion, garlic and salt. Sweat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add carrot and celery and sweat for a further 4 minutes.
- Add thyme, bay leaf, parsley and tomato paste and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes. Fill empty can half way with water and add to sauce. Cook for 20 minutes, half covered with lid.
- In a separate pot, cook pasta to packet instructions.
- Serve cooked pasta on a plate. Add sauce, cooked "meatballs" and finish with salt, pepper and fresh basil.