This Christmas themed plant-based dish works just as well as a weeknight comfort food. Hot, flavoursome and o' so comforting.
- 1 whole butternut squash pumpkin
- 60g olive oil
- 100g brown onion, diced
- 100g red capsicum, diced
- 10g garlic cloves, chopped
- fresh parsley, to taste
- 200g corn kernels
- 1 vEEF® Mince, defrosted
- 75g dairy-free mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the butternut pumpkin in half. Remove the seeds and score the surface. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook the pumpkin. If using a microwave, place on a plate and cook for 15 minutes, checking the consistency with a knife. If using an oven, roast at 180°C for 45-60 minutes to caramelise and develop the flavour.
- Using a spoon, carefully scoop out the cooked pumpkin filling. Take care to not break the skin of the pumpkin.
- Heat half of the oil in a pan. Sweat the onion, capsicum, garlic, thyme and half of the parsley. Reserve in a bowl.
- Heat up a pan and roast the corn kernels to develop a sweet and smoky flavour. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, cook the vEEF® Mince according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Mix cooked pumpkin puree, cooked vegetables and fresh parsley in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refill pumpkin skin with the mixture, top with cheese and roast in the oven for 200°C for 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.