Spicy Singaporean Chilli “Meatballs”
The perfect snack or easy weeknight meal, these Spicy Singaporean Chilli "Meatballs" are about to become your go-to dish. Slightly sweet and perfectly spicy, they are a plant-based taste sensation.
- Food Processor
- 12 vEEF® "Meatballs", defrosted
Spicy Singaporean Chilli Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 small bird's eye red chilli
- 1 medium cayenne red chilli
- ½ thumb ginger
- 1 tbsp dark miso
- ½ tomato, grated
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 5 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- fresh coriander, to taste
- green shallots, to taste
- In a food processor, blitz garlic, shallot, bird's eye chilli, cayenne chilli, ginger and dark miso to form a paste.
- In a pot, add cooking oil and saute the paste until it changes colour.
- Add the grated tomato and cook for 2 minutes. Add the tomato purée and the sweet chilli sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- With the sauce still simmering, add the "meatballs" and cook in the sauce for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Plate the "meatballs" in a bowl and finish with fresh coriander and chopped green shallots.