Pulled “Beef” Baos
Enjoy a plant-based take on classic asian flavours featuring fresh veggies, savoury pulled "beef" stuffed between a fluffy, warm bao bun.
- 1 pack vEEF® Artisan Pulled "Beef"
- 4 bao buns
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small thumb of ginger, chopped
- 1 small coriander bunch, optional
- 1 spring onion, stalk
- ½ bird's eye chilli, sliced thinly
- vegetable and sesame oil, to finish
- salt, to taste
- Sriracha sauce
- vegan mayo
Preparing Pulled "Beef"
- In warm pan with a bit of oil, caramelise the pulled "beef" for 3-5 minutes until it has good colour all around.
- Push the pulled "beef" to the side of ther pan and add the garlic and ginger. Cook until they turn a light golden colour.
- Mix all ingredients in the pan, finish with a bit of sesame oil and remove from the stove.
Preparing dressing and bao
- Make the Sriracha dressing by mixing the vegan mayo with the Sriracha sauce to taste.
- Steam the buns until warm and soft.
To assemble bao
- Fill the bao with the Siracha dressing, pulled "beef", cucumber, spring onion and coriander. Serve and enjoy!