Crispy “Chicken” Caesar Salad
Need something a little lighter? Add this easy plant-based Caesar style salad to your repertoire. Made using defrosted vEEF® "Chicken" Burger Patties and a few simple ingredients–you probably already have in the pantry.
- ¾ cup soy milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ cup canola oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2x vEEF® "Chicken" Burger Patties, defrosted
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup water
- Panko breadcrumbs, to taste
- fried capers
- fried shallots
- 2-3 heads baby gem lettuce
- Blitz the soy milk, nutritional yeast, dijon mustard, salt, apple cider vinegar and garlic in a food processor then slowly add the canola oil until you get a mayonnaise consistency.
- Shape the vEEF® "Chicken" Burger Patties into small croquette sized pieces and coat with the corn starch and water mix.
- Coat with breadcrumbs.
- In a pan with oil, fry the croquettes until golden brown all over.
- Wash, dry and chop the lettuce leaves and mix through the salad dressing.
- Add the crispy “chicken’ bits and finish with fried capers and shallots to mix up the textures and flavours.
*Top Tip: The salad dressing can be kept in the fridge for 2 weeks.