Classic “Lamb” Fettuccine
- olive oil
- 1 packet vEEF® Pulled "Lamb"
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- ½ glass white wine
- 500g dry fettuccini pasta
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- dried chilli flakes, to taste
- salt, to taste
- fresh basil
- In warm pan with a bit of oil, caramelise the pulled "lamb" for 3-5 minutes until it has good colour all around.
- Push the pulled "lamb" to the side of the pan and add the chopped shallots. Cook until they turn a light golden colour.
- Add the white wine and reduce until there is almost no liquid left in the pan. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and reserve ¼ cup of the cooking water.
- Heat up a pan. Add the cherry tomatoes, pasta, reserved cooking water and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and dry chilli. Toss to coat the pasta with this light emulsion which is now the sauce.
- Serve on a plate and finish with fresh basil, salt and olive oil.